In this blog we will explain how to Pay a Vendor to a different address than the one you use on your Purchase Orders, in other words, to a ‘Remit to’ address.
- Setup the ‘Remit To’ address on the vendor.
- Turn on the ‘Use Remit To’ flag.
- Process a cheque or Pay Advice.
This is a bit of a quirky setup in Spire but once you know how to do it, it’s easy.
- Open the Vendor
- On the Addresses tab, click the plus button at the bottom of the screen to add a new address.
- You’ll now see your cursor flashing in the list of addresses (see #2 in the print screen below).
- It looks like Spire wants you to enter something here, but don’t.
- Instead, click in the Name field to the right (see #3 in the print screen below).
- Now type the Company Name of the Remit To address in the Name field. It can be the same as the Vendor Name or different, and finish by typing in the rest of the address information.
- You’ll see that the Address record did end up getting named automatically by Spire and it’s called Remit To.
- Don’t try typing that ‘Remit To’ wording in yourself because it may not function properly in the end. Just let Spire do it.
- The last step is to go to the Billing tab and check the ‘Use Remit To’ checkbox and save the vendor.
- Now you’re all set to go and pay a vendor.
Spire Version at the time of Writing: 3.10